Best restaurants in Riga.
This spring Riga Restaurant Week is from May 16 to May 22 and it is great chance to explore Riga restaurants for appealing price for 15 or 20 Euros for three-course dinner. List of restaurants and their offer you can find here.
Here is our recommendation for 3 restaurants and visit of them you can combine with nice sightseeing stroll in Riga.
When you get tired of cobble stone streets in Riga Old Town go to restaurant What’s Good Will Grow (3 Chefs Restaurant). One of the leading participants in Riga’s food revolution, this creative restaurant has become a staple of the Riga dining scene since it open its doors in 2011. Challenging the traditional ideas of food preparation and presentation, 3 Pavāri has set the standard for contemporary cuisine in Riga.
What’s Good Will Grow (3 Chefs Restaurant) offers:
- Chef’s Compliment : Rhubarb juice mousse with malt and pine-needle oil
- Wild local fish ukha with hemp bread
- Nettle-marinated free-range chicken with wild-garlic purée, baby radishes, and coltsfoot demi-glace sauce
- Baby-carrot and willow-honey dessert with quark and wood sorrel
The offer is available from 12:00 to 16:00, if you booked a table in advance!
Price: 20 EUR
Address: Torņa iela 4
More about What’s Good Will Grow (3 Chefs Restaurant) and map is here.
Visit Istaba if you wander around in Central District. Istaba the name means ‘room’ in Latvian. Istaba manages to be an exhibition space showing the work of local artists, a shop selling locally designed products and a cafe during the day as well as a restaurant during the evening. The menu is mostly locally sourced and changes in tune with the seasons.
- Smoked bream & wild garlic sandwich from Mārtiņš Sirmais
- Spring leg of lamb, glazed bacon smoked in maple syrup and alder
- Galerija Istaba rhubarb & vanilla dessert
Price: 20 EUR
Address: Kr. Barona iela 31a
More about Istaba and map is here.
If you head out of Riga Old Town and explore hipster neighborhood in Miera iela go for dinned in Valmiermuiža. In Valmiermuiža are range of food options to try along side their varying beers on offer. Smart interior and layout make it feel OK for one to enjoy beer at any time of day! Well known amongst locals this nice little gem is located in quite a hot spot for weekend night life in Riga.
- Potato, smoked eel, goats’ cheese, wild garlic
- Peas, broad beans, feta, wild garlic, lamb, lard, poato, field greens
- Sorrel, red currant, juniper
- Pike – pearch, poached in yarrow milk, cauliflower, pine, kohlrabi, onion
- Yogurt, buckweath, honey, rhubarb, tarragon
Price: 20 EUR
Address: A.Briāna iela 9a
More about Valmiermuiža and map is here.